The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 06:17 AM   #1
DURRTY
USMC

Putting it all back together again..... build thread

Its been awhile since Ive made any notable progress. Its coming though I have finally been able to grab restored and new parts to wrench on.

I have prepped the frame and POR-15 it, then scuffed that up a little and put rubber undercoating over that. I took off all the cross members that were not riveted on and everything else that came off the frame and media blasted them.

Every nut and bolt is being replaced as I go. I have a stainless set for the body mounts and all the body bolts. The rest are standard Grade 5 and 8.

Got a new plastic fuel tank and all new brake/fuel lines.

Plans include an 8inch skyjacker lift (all spring) and maybe a custom shackle flip to fit 40 inch TSL-SX tires. D60 front and GM14 bolt rear will come but not till after i break the half tons under it now(and I don't have that in the budget right now). Crossover steering, 10 point cage, personally made winch bumper(s), new racing seats in the front and I am undecided what to use for a back seat. Right now I don't know much about the engine other than its a 350 and the PO said it had been recently rebuilt and "runs great" LOL It did run fine but I only put a few miles on it before I took it down to the frame. I have nothing planned yet for it till i drive it and see what its really got.

I am not a painter and don't know a thang about it, I am looking for someone i can trust and someone who wont rip me off to paint it.

Comments and insults are apreciated!!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by DURRTY; 09-27-2007 at 04:45 AM.
DURRTY is offline   Reply With Quote