The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
BuckeyeBlazer

Blazer Project - Quarter fender alignment

It has been a while since I posted here. I have a 1972 blazer that I purchased several years ago. I rebuilt the engine a while back and have just been enjoying it.
Now back to work...
I知 replacing the bed floor and inner fenders. Purchased a bed floor and fenders from another member a couple of years ago and now I am installing them. Got mount kit from LMC. Cut the welds out and removed the quarter fenders. Removed the old bed and I知 now putting it all back together so my buddy can reweld.

I am having trouble getting the right quarter fender to line up (door gap). The left side bolted back up just perfect and the door gap and fits great. The right side however is horrible. It is edge to edge with the door at the top and about 2 inches or so at the bottom. It seems like the back of the bed on the right side needs to go down. The bed appear straight.

I know there have been post out there discussing blazer body panel fit up issues\solutions. Any advise. If there are already post about this can you send me a link.
Thanks ya'll.
I'll try to post some pics later this evening.