The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Buick 455 in my Jimmy?

The place I'm keeping my Jimmy at just got in a pile of old car parts. Included in that pile was a running Buick 455 with a TH350 bolted to it. If my 400 sbc will not turn over or is otherwise unuseable, I have a 350 short block I can put together for it. But how hard would it be to strap this 455 in there?

Couple questions, will the chevy tranny bolt to the buick block? Are the engine mounts radically different or are there adapter mounts available? Will the exhaust manifolds fit between the frame rails and clear the steering? Didn't one of the longhorn guys do a cadillac 500 swap a couple years ago?

This is not a sure thing, but I thought it would be one helluva alternate power supply for a 4x4. Gobs of torque, and it already runs and I think the distributer is in the front.

The same guy also is scrapping out a late 70's chevy K-10. I can get the transfer case for nothing I think. He just wants the engine. I still need to see what model case it is, but might be a donar for a future doubler.

Give me some opinions here guys.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote