The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #1
Jim85IROC

Need a new bedside... where do I buy?

One of the bedsides on my truck was replaced before I bought it. The other side is getting pretty bad, especially behind the taillight opening and above the tailgate hinge.

Also, the support rails under the bed need some help.

I'd love to just get a whole new bed, but the chances of finding an all original one in good enough shape around here isn't real likely, though I'll continue looking between now and when I get around to buying the new parts.

I've looked at LMC and Classic Trucks (Chevy Duty) so far. LMC is $300 plus $100 for shipping. Chevy Duty is $275 plus $221 for shipping. I'm also going to check with my Keystone guy to see if he can get them, but they're not in their catalog anymore. I see that Goodmark doesn't carry them.

Does anybody know of other places I should check, and does anybody have any comments about fitment of one brand vs. another? The guy at Chevy Duty didn't know who their manufacturer is, and I suspect a similar response from LMC. I don't know what's on the other side of my truck right now, but the panel fits well except that the tail light opening isn't tight on the tail light.

Thanks
My Sounddomain Page
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote