The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
BCOWANWHEELS

I FEEL LIKE A ROOKIE and i,am so dumb sometimes

well i,ve been a mechanic since 1970 and worked on about everything except an airplane ( glad i didnt now ) anyway i had to remove a front ring & pinion from a dana 60 axle today. its like 100 degrees and i,ve already done about 6 hrs on another truck so i promissed the fella so here i went to it after work. i pulled all the brakes, p/side axle, yoke, drained the diff, removed the carrier caps, put the hsg. spreader on it and the bugger wouldnt budge..... so i looked and tryed to gently pry it. one side is loose andi got all bum fuzzled so i called on my best helper ( his name is JESUS CHRIST ) for help. just then it hit me....... you dummy you didnt pull the d/s axle shaft out. glad knowbody was there except my shop dogs and they were playing so they didnt notice what a numskul i am....... lol on me today. that ole devil sure has been pickin on me alot lately. WONT DO HIM ANY GOOD THOUGH.
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote