The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Roper

Wiw?

I just bought a 87 on Friday. Paid $5000. Its a two wheel drive in mint condition and has been stored inside all its life. I mean its truly MINT.Never seen a gravel road or a rainy day in its life. Has 80,000 miles. The owner claimed he justused it on sunny days to put some miles on it so the seals wouldnt start leaking.
The guy was the original owner. Its 350 fuel injected, 700R4,373 gears.
I have no use for it but it was way to good of a deal to pass up. Since Friday I have two buyers who got my number from the guy I bought it from calling me and wanting to buy it. So far ive been offered $6000 and they know what I paid for it. See I just showed up before them with the cash and got it before they had chance.
Anyway the truck is all original, well except for running boards and mud flaps. Paint is original and in perfect condition. I went all over it with a magnet and there is no body fill anywhere. Even under the truck everything(Paint) is perfect. There just isnt any rust or wear anywhere on this truck that I can find.
Anyway the truck was really taken care of and really well maintained.
2 wheel drive isnt much good around here. I really have no use for it except the wife could use it as a daily driver in the summer.
Im wondering what I should do with it?
#1 Drive it in the summer? All gravel roads.
#2 Sell it?
#3 Park it and forget about it?
Roper is offline   Reply With Quote