The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
Lated

This is going to be a long drawn out build...

I've had a '70 C10 for just over two years now and so far most of what I have done with it is just to keep it on the road since it is my daily driver but that is about to change. I bought a '98 Z28 last Wednesday and as soon as I get it registered/titled it will be taking over the haul my ass to work duty from my truck. I got the car for, at least what I think is, a steal so it wasn't too hard to talk the wife into it. I paid way to much for my truck given the condition it was in but it was yet another in a long string of impulse buys which rarely if ever turn out good. There is rust everywhere. I did a temporary fix on the floors just to keep water from coming in off the road and my foot from going through. My truck is in no way safe in the condition it is in, the passengers side cab corner is rusted away to the point that there isn't much metal left to anchor the seat belt. The same seatbelt that held the car seat for my son for more than a year (we had no other choice with the truck being my only vehicle and my wife and I working opposite shifts). The front drivers side of my bed is held on with a tie down strap. The hole where the mounting bolt goes through the wood in the floor is big enough that the bolt pulled through. Why not just replace the wood or put a bigger washer on it you might ask? Well, at some point a P.O. decided that instead of replacing the rotted/missing wood it would be better to weld diamond plate in on top of it so now I can't get to the bolt. Genius. I suppose I could torch/cut through the diamond plate but that would require a torch or a saw, neither of which I own. Oh yeah, I forgot about the brakes! No idea what is wrong with my brakes. I have drums all around and they look to be fine. There is plenty of shoe and drum left, I've bled the brakes, I've replaced the master cylinder and I know I have enough vacuum but they won't lock up. It's not that they don't work at all, they just won't lock up and they seem to fade really fast. Luckily I only drive about 10 miles to work and back. It also looks like I have a leaky valve seat on the number 3 cylinder that's letting oil in. Good thing that my truck is registered in Colorado even though I live in Maryland. 'Rady doesn't require emissions tests anymore or I would have been in even more trouble. I'm sure there are other things wrong with it but I'm getting tired of typing and if any of you are reading this you are probably getting tired of my *****ing about my truck so lets get on to the pictures.

'70 SWB Step-Side (More rust than metal)
Lated is offline   Reply With Quote