The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
RareC10

Need advice Please..

First off, the question I will be asking I already know is worthless without a picture.. BUT I want to get the thread going while I find time to get pictures. The questions are below the following general description:

I have a survivor 1967 C10 250/6 base model LWB with original 12K miles. It only has factory option added chrome trim and hd rear bumper. The tailgate is missing due to the original intended use was to be used with a cab over topper/camper. I was told by the owner the truck was purchased without a tailgate that had been negotiated out in trade at the dealer for two additional wheels and high profile HD tires (NEVER USED), which I also have. The spare tires were never used because “the truck with camper and tires would not clear the barn” per the original owner…

This truck is all-virgin with exception to one heater hose, tail pipe, cap and rotor (although I have the originals), oil filter and plugs. The complete records I have represents only two oil changes and a GM right rear fender replacement back in 1970 from a mishap on the farm. The tires, belts, bulbs, brakes, interior, and everything else are all GM factory original. The paint is stained from the car cover getting wet in the barn and the finish looks dull and worn on the edges. However, the truck is dent and rust free with exception to some minor surface rust on the frame where some of the undercoat fell off over years. Engine and trans operate perfectly.

Questions:
1, Should I keep this original and not touch this truck?

2, Should I clean this up, airbrush the paint over the thinning paint areas, buff it and hope for the best ..... or,

3, Should I restore/update this truck with v8, power options, AC, brakes and new paint?

Any idea what this is worth “as a survivor” vs what it could be worth with latest updates

Thanks in advance for your comments... Pics upon request..

scott
RareC10 is offline   Reply With Quote