The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
75K15

Carb choice for 350

This site is freakin awesome! whoever came up with the idea of putting all these BA's and their Chevy's up on one site is a genius!

It's unfortunate that I didn't find this site until now... I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem... I have a lifted '75 k15 I bought a couple months ago. I've done alot of maintenance bs (filters, plugs, etc) so far but now it's time to get to the meat and potatoes. I want to ditch my old quadrajet for something a little more reliable.. I heard the quad is responsible for my looonngg starts. I did some quick research and found that Holley makes a carb called the "truck avenger" : 670 square bore for about $400. Benefit being the tilt fuel control for when out 4x4'in... sounds good but does a univ square bore fit my application. Stock is spread bore I think. Also Holley makes a 650 bolt on replacement for the quadrajet($350), but Summit says it only fits the '69 k15. I am an engineer so I pick things up real quick, but this is the first project I have started outside of my bike (72 honda 350) Is it gonna be tough for me to install something like the "avenger" by myself? I have a buddy with a 73 c10 that would probly help if I got a half rack, but I would rather do it on my own.

I'm open to suggestions... Ideas? Type, price, supply?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by 75K15; 09-14-2007 at 01:50 PM.
75K15 is offline   Reply With Quote