The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
jorgensensc

WTB: LWB 71 or 72 Decent shape! Near Houston.

Long story short, I have a freind that got completely taken by someone on her '69 lWB. More rust and damage than feasable to fix or replace. She spent a bunch of money haveing someone put a sbc 350 in it. They had the engine built at a local machine shop and she now only has a long block 350 uninstalled. I have purchased many engine parts to complete it for her, so the engine is okay. The problem is that afterall is said and done to get the truck running and driving she will be into it total (including purchase price) for about 5600.00. She still won't have power steering or power brakes, or disc up front, so tack on more charges (she really actually needs these things).
Before she has a money pit with a completed rusted out body and cab and damaged panels everywhere, I would like to try and find her something better.
Does anyone have a 71 or 72 lwb truck with a pretty decent body that they want to sell? THe engine and tranny doesn't matter because she has one ready to go, she would just prefer something with former v8 and auto setup (for ease and less expense of installation). This needs to be fairly cheap in order to be cost effective. The truck will be a work/ play truck for her and her son to ride a round in and do general repairs to their house. The truck will never be a show truck and she doesn't have any expectations of such. However her '69 is so far gone I just can't see spending any more money on it. Let me know what you have in or near Houston!!
Thanks,
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote