The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
caminokid
Chevy nut

My 69 Chevy LWB Junker to hopefully Beauty

I got this 69 from a guy that had lost his license 5 years ago. It had sat all this time. 350 3 on the floor. Posi rear end. 2nd gen Camaro buckets...sitting on 2x4's...bolted to the floor. Not the brightest idea ever. The cab needs replaced. A tree fell and hit the right top of it and caved it in. The top started rusting there. Went thru to the inner panel...and rusted that too. The cab corners, rocker and floors are shot. the cab braces and mounts are almost gone. Mechanically this truck is in great shape. It has been a driver. Manual steering, brakes and trans make this a great truck for me. I always have had a truck with manual trans. Just dont feel right for me to have a truck with and auto in it. i will be replacing the front fenders and tailgate. The grille surround will be straightened. the grille itself needs to be replaced. The hood is savable. The hood is savable. The rear bumper is junk. The front bumper will be replaced. The doors are savable. The only glass that needs replaced is the windshield. it looks like it has been shot by a bb gun. The sending unit for the gas tank is bad. All and all I have alot of work to do. I dont think this is goiong to be a over night thing...it will be awhile.

This is what it looked like when I got it home.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote