The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
stepside454

back from body shop hell

My truck was wrecked last spring while on the way to a car show ,as you may remember from earlier posts. I was sandwched between 2 other trucks. close to 12K in damages.
Its finally back, after over 3 months( was originally told would take 1 month). I had to have a tantrum to get anything done.When I finally got it back, I made a list of 14 things wrong & had to take it back. They made good, now its just a few little things left for me to do.
It looks pretty much the sameas before, that was the idea. the only visual changes on the outside are the tail gate stripes, I really didnt like them so much before. & also my friend greg hand painted the pinstripe art on the speedbump in the bed.
I also decided, that while the inner wheel wells were out, it was a good time to get rid of the junk factory AC that didnt work & replace it with a vintage Air Sure Fit unit, man that thing works great.
here are some pics taken recently, Im pretty pleased with it, just wish it wasnt in the shop all summer. john
Attached Images