The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
69lnghrn
whats a wrench

I failed!Need help please.

Alright here it goes. Since I found this mesg board Ive started to wrench on my 69 and 78 a LIL. Not to knowledgable bout engines and stuff but i figured what better to learn on then a good ol chevy 350 (my daily d). Done a few minor things to it and figured that i would tackle changing the oil pan. Didnt seem to be that hard til i realized that i had to lift my engine. No biggie I lifted it changed the pan, gasket, motor mounts, and a few other gaskets. It seemed that I put everything back together til I tried to start it. It sounds like it wants to start but i guess i messed w/the distrbuter. Is there anything a non mechanic like myself can do or shall i go on ahead and take her in ??? i know its a cheap fix i just need
as far as tools all i got is a powerbuilt 170 pi set, 60 gal 6.5hp comp,hoist, bag of misc tools, jacks,jackstands and ramps and friends w/tools that know just about as much as me nada
any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreicated thanks guys!