The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
soba_03

New Guy Louisville KY..

Hey folks,

I'm a new guy. Found this site through one of the patrons "Byrd" turned me on to this site when I was picking up some dash parts from him, I'm glad he did what a great resource.

Ok here is the story, my oldest son turned 18 in June, with that said I now have some expendable cash (don't make me spell it out for you). So I started looking for an older panel van, I stumbeled across the 1961 Suburban on e-bay that you see in the Avatar. I found it with 6 days and 17 hours left on a 7 day auction.

It was in Rexburgh ID I'm in Louisville KY. I bought it sight unseen off E-Bay. Had it trailered to Louisville. Total investment $4200.00. It is bay far the nicest vehicle I own.

Oh yeah the 68 chevy, Girl friend gave her 2000 Mazda to her oldest son. So she was going to find something cheap to drive back and forth to work. i convinced her to drive my 2004 Cavalier and I bought 68 C10 Custom, for a rat rod project. I paid $1425 for it, new floor pans, 5 out of 6 new cab mounts, running 307 that is in perfect running condition, with auto trans, and an extra, 350 TPI and 700r4 trans out of 85 vette. Oh yes forgot new inner and outter rocker panels. Picked it up in Nashville and home it came.

So now, from years of being in Maintenance management for the Airline that I work for I'm back to having grease under my fingernails and smelling like dirty old truck on my days off. I missed it, some of the best threapy a guy could have after a long week at work.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards,
Soba
(Mark)
soba_03 is offline   Reply With Quote