The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2002, 11:00 PM   #1
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Red face Bad Bow passes TX safety inspection

Boy I was dreading the day because I had to get BAD BOW to pass the state safety inspection. Everything always passes except emissions because I use an open air element and no heat riser. After asking around I found a place that was a little relaxed on the restrictions. Heck I don't even think the've seen a truck as old as mine in a while. They had to come out and ask me what kinda model truck it was. They asked if it was a 1500. I said basically but it's a C-10. So they look up C-10. After they opened the hood, I was thinking okay the inspection is over. Nope, they kept looking and testing. They test drove it too. Man the truck looks cool going down the road. Well they came back asked me to pay and I left. I looked at the sheet they gave me and I found two things. They listed emissions system and window tinting as N/A!! I guess their C-10 listing has my truck completely off the emission testing list. Works for me. Next year I'm going back to the same station.
HUMMMM, 500 Caddy, 502 BB, 454 BB?? Headers, no EGR.. No emission requirements sure make the mind wonder around.