The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
dogdaddydbtg

Richmond NASCAR adventure

Hey gang,
Just thought I'd fill you all in on our trip to Richmond at the begining of Sept. We have a 67 C-30 motorhome and were heading to Richmond for the race and camping for the week. Truck had given us some minor problems on the way there, thought it may be getting time for a timing chain. It had been losing some power and running warmer than normal on hills, but I figured I could make it there. Figured I could change it during the week if need be. Well, about 45 miles north of Richmond the engine blew. I called a friend and had him bring me my engine crane and a spare engine I had in the garage and we changed on a KFC parking lot after they closed. We were done and picking up tools by 6 a.m. and nobody was any the wiser. I wish we had gotten some pictures of the whole thing, but we were pretty much working in the dark and forgot until we were finished. Quite an adventure and one to remember for a lifetime.
Howard
dogdaddydbtg is offline   Reply With Quote