The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
Real_McCoy

Allow myself to introduce ...Er ... my...self.

Sorry for the Austin Powers rip-off.

I have been in and out of the forum the last few days. I posted an introduction in the Welcome area, but this is the area I will spend most of my time so I wanted to say hi.

My name is Dan and I live in El Dorado, Kansas. I recently acquired a '66 C10 LWB. I was sick watching it deteriorating in my Father-In-Law's backyard. Eventually, I talked him out of it. To boot, I traded straight across for my 85 F*** F250 extended cab 4X4 with a 460 CID BB and a 4 speed. I only paid $750 for the F***. Both are in need of a lot of work.

Anyway, the 66 is a LWB pretty close to stock except for the steel floor welded in the bed and an engine swap. I am not sure what engine was put in, but I think it is a 230 CID. It is an I6 with 3 on the tree.

The body is rough. My FIL attempted some body work that doesn't look terribly bad on the surface, but will have to be taken out to be done right.

My ultimate plans for this truck is to build it with a mild street rod package for my son to enjoy when he is old enough. He is eight now so I have a few years and I will need them. I am sure he will be in the garage with me through the entire process along with his three year old sister. The 15 year old daughter wants the truck as it is, but she is stuck with the Geo Metro.

Back to the truck, I am pretty resourceful and there isn't much I can't do if I set my mind to it. My brother owns an automotive machine shop and a family friend bought Dad's welding and fabrication shop for little more than a song, so I have some help available if needed.

At any rate, I wanted to say hi and to let you know that I will be asking a few questions as I go and maybe give a few answers when possible.

Here is a pic of the truck from last night. This is the "good" side.
Attached Images

Real_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote