The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
truckster

Up for grabs! 70 3/4 ton 2wd-free

Here's the long story: Several years ago I bought a 1970 3/4 ton 2wd Chevy longbed. It had a 292 with a huge hole in it where the rod went through. The plan was to put a 350 in it, but after tearing apart 3 engines and finding problems with each, my wife just wanted me to be DONE. I found a 250 straight six, thinking it would drop right in. After several days of re-engineering, I got it running, but my wife HATED the truck. When i was mobilized, my son drove it and burned up the rear wheel bearing. His friend helped him get the old bearing out (with a torch and a grinder) and then it was impossible to repair. Before I left on the next deployment, I put it in storage. It's been sitting there several years, with my wife refusing to even consider me working on it.

This spring my wife said it's finally time to get my Blazer, so I've spent the summer working on and enjoying that. I took some parts off the 70 pickup, and now I need to get rid of the rest. I hate the idea of junking it, so I'd like it to go to someone who can use it. I have the title and it's FREE, but you have to haul it off. What you get is a good A/C cab (just a dime-size rust hole on the right rear), a fairly decent bed (some rust over the wheel wells), a good driver's door, all the glass (cracked windshield, though), frame, etc. There's no tailgate and I took the LF fender and hood, although the old Blazer hood is there, but it's dented. It's located about 20 miles south of SLC.

If you're interested, please send me a PM or reply here with contact info. I would like to have it gone by the end of October so I don't have to pay for another year of storage.
Attached Images

truckster is online now   Reply With Quote