The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
vegas_k10

Angry clutch problems for the 5th time please help

hey guys ive having alot of problems with my clutch. When i got the truck it had a big block flywheel on it and a strange vibration so i took the flywheel off and replaced it with a new 350 flywheel. 2 months later my throwout bearing broke, replaced the bearing and then about 2 months later it went out again. I replaced the bearing again and checked the alignment of everything and put it back togeather. a month later it went out again, but this time it didnt go out it just came off the fork inside. I put a new bearing, and a new pressure plate on it, checked everything again very closely and put it back togeather. Now yesterday i was driving and i depressed the clutch and there was this horrendous screeching sound from the bearing pushing against the fingers awkwardly. So im back to step 1. im out of ideas, ive had my tranny out 4 times with a god damn floorjack and muscles and im tired of working on it. Anybody have ANY ideas please throw them my way..........any thought will be considered. Thanks alot guys!!
vegas_k10 is offline   Reply With Quote