The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
bent
The master of disaster

Deal of a life time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday i went to work at the bosses howuse again and he was having me pull weeds and dead grass out from around the shop and i saw 2 doors a bumper a hood and the part that goes between the hood and front windshield as well as a rear bumper all clean and straight and nice. So i asked him what he would take for the doors and he said will they fit so i asked did they come off a 67-72 chevy and he said yes so i said ok theyll fit he said i could have the doors if i pull the ones off my truck to put on this 1 ton shot wheelbase that he has obviously i said deal.

I passed on th bumpers for now.

Drivers door is like brand new not seen n pic with a verry verry nice paint job and door panels and original glass no rust or damage anywhere. It has a peice of trim along the top of the glass any ideas if that is stock or aftermarket both doors have it. The passenger door isnt as nice no panel or crank or door handel and the paint has bubbled and came off inna spot nither has morrors. the paint on the doors as seen in the pics is same color as hood but with the purple and grey designs.

The hood also has bubbled and chipped off in the center but is good everywhere else it too has verry little to no rust as does the part that sits where the wiper arms are. The base paint that is on this is a deep darek dark purple with purple and silver metalflake. (pics do no justice) Any how i traded the hood and other part (what is the name of it) for a day or two of work on his property

Now I got the parts home and decided well still 2 hrs of daylight think ill put the hood on and take a look. all i can say is im for attempting this alone. I was working on the final hood bolt on drivers side i dun dropped the wratchet and lost it it still lost so im stuck with an open end wrech. The last bolt came ot the hood slip beemed me in the knoggin and i woke up around sunset mom and momma dog over me. so i get up and have mom uhhhggg help me get the hood on and man does it look good. Anyhow imma shut up and post pics here enjoy.

bent is offline   Reply With Quote