The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2003, 10:02 PM   #1
Glen

Post Intro from a newbie

Ive been lurking for a while on this board. I own a 68 shortbed, mechanicals are pretty much done, disc brakes, everything under the hood is new crate motor etc., still has the 4 speed, its bagged front and rear, and has dropped spindles, runs steelie wheels with 275/60/15' all the way around. I just finished a 3 year project, and before that I had a 4 year project. Both of those are done now so Im bored and looking at the pickup again. I have owned the truck for 7 years, just never did much more than the mechanical stuff because I drive it daily.

The 68 is the newest vehicle I own, Im interested in aftermarket sheetmetal if you guys can give me the scoop, drivers fender, a hood and possibly bed sides instead of doing all of the dent work.

Im looking to maybe replace the back half of the frame with my own frame rails and maybe put in some late model independent rear suspension if anyone has done that.

here are the other two finished cars, not board related, but I dont have a pic of the truck on my harddrive. I also have this website if you wanna see some more. www.hotrodsbyglen.com

Last edited by Glen; 01-03-2003 at 10:05 PM.
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote