The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
BurnoutNova

any mobile tool distributers here?

ive been thinking of getting out of the automotive service industry for a few reasons, and was wondering if any of you own your own mobile tool franchise? ive always kind of been interested in staring a franchise up, and just figured i'd see if anyone has any feedback, good AND bad. i know a fair amount about each of (in my opinion) the 4 major brands, snap-on, mac, matco, and a bit lesser known, cornwell. is there any more? i have a pretty good idea of what it takes to start one up, been in contact with a district manager for one of the companys and checking into financing and all the lagalities, ect.

i really like working on cars, and will do it as a hobby forever. but i figure i'll open up my options befor im sorry i didnt, after all i dont want to be the 65 year old tech with bad knees and still bench pressing diesel trannys all day. also thought about becoming a service advisor, but the little bit i deal with customers as it is makes me want to stray away from it
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote