The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
Duro5341

Parts Jobber - Rant

Hey guys.....

Ever get sick of your local jobber always screwing up your order...

The truck is a 86 K10...

Well I called my friend yesterday that owns a parts store, and we talked for about 20-25 minutes about what I needed. I am replacing the whole steering linkage on my truck, because the front draglink, and left outer are gone, and the rest is pretty siezed.........so i'll replace everything.

I have the style where there is a long hollow tube along the front of the axle, and 2 outer tie-rods thread into both ends, with a pinch nut at either end like newer tie-rods...and I specifically told him I was replacing everything. So he has one of his employee's drop it off on his way home from work, because it's on the way. I tell the guy to put them in the back of the truck, as I won't be home....so thats fine

I get home around 9:30pm, and look through the parts and he orders me the other solid style bar, that uses the adjusting sleeve between the 2 outer tie-rods, everything thing else is right....but he doesn't send the F^&king adjusting sleeve for the front tie-rod bar. And of course I am supposed to use the truck on sunday to go fishing. So know I have to call a million places first thing saturday morning, and hope to god someone has one in stock or I am screwed for the weekend.

I told him I was replacing everything, and just bill it to my credit card, and send it out.........I guess he figured I didn't need the adjusting sleeve....DAH

I am just sick of people doing this.....if you can't do your job right, then get out of it. I have no patience for peoples mistakes, this is what I am paying you for, so do it right the first time. Now I have to source out another part, because they got lazy, and hope to god it fits....or there's gunna be tools flying around the shop

God I hate how this always happens on a weekend, when half the stores are closed, or run by stupid highschool kids.....who have no idea what a tie-rod, let alone what a adjusting sleeve is.

Thanks for reading
Duro
-1979 Monte Carlo, 350, 200r4, 3.73 posi
-1987 GT T-top Mustang - slow moving project
Duro5341 is offline   Reply With Quote