The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
Kruzur

Red face Power Brake Conversion - Please Don't Flame Me...

This is my 1st post, please don't flame me....

I have a 1968 LWB 2WD 1/2 ton truck and have just completed a 6 cyl to 8 cyl conversion and a 3spd to auto conversion. I am in the process of changing over to front disc brakes from drums and have bought the front end parts off of a 1971 2WD 1/2 ton C-10. The booster/master cylinder on the 71has a rod coming out of it with the mounting bracket attached to it. My existing manual brake master cylinder is connected to the thrust rod that is conected to my brake pedal. When I remove my manual brake master cylinder, the thrust rod is left hanging out of the firewall. It doesn't appear that the trust rod that is on the 1971 will fit through the firewall and connect to the brake pedal. Do I need to get another thrust rod?? Or something else... I have read on this site that 71 parts don't match those on a 68. Then I have talked to some folks that say the 71 will fit right onto the 68 brake pedal. I'm confused.

Please lend me a little of your professional advice.
Kruzur is offline   Reply With Quote