The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
JVictor75
Maintenance Man

Help needed from Phoenix area members.

Hi!

I'm looking for a decent exhaust shop in or around the greater Phoenix area.

Most of the satellite communities are fine but the trip has to be worth it either in workmanship or price. I'd like to keep it in the east valley area as I'm currently living near 52nd street and McDowell road, although I am working on the truck out at Luke AFB so I guess a west valley shop would be ok.

Talk to me people! I'm looking to do a dual 2.5" from headers to a crossover or X-pipe and possibly cats on a LWB 71 C10 to straight out the back.

I haven't decided if I want the system "tucked" by having holes cut and running the pipes thru the trailing arm crossmember or not. I also haven't decided on whether I want to run full length headers, 3/4 length "Chevelle style" headers, or manifolds. I won't be dropping the truck any, but want a clean looking installation.

As an aside, the truck in question has a a stock exhaust system but no motor or trans. The donor truck has extremely cheap, full length, extremely rusty Dynomax headers.

What is everyone else running, where did you get it done, and how much did it cost you?
JVictor75 is offline   Reply With Quote