The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
D-Monkey

Inline-6 Experts please help!

Hey guys, this is my first post, I've been following the build threads here for a few weeks now, I'm already an addict, and It's motivated me to restore, if you can call it that (rattle can)

I've been cleaning up my project truck, pulled the old 250 out, began the process of de-greasing 36+ years of crud from the block and components. I've ran into a couple problems:

1. I have pictures of all the codes I can find, and If anyone needs, I have the codes on the head, and intake/exhaust as well. Apperantly the engine code is an Olds code?

2. The block appears to have been fixed Brazed my grandfather says, neither of us have any knowledge on the subject of block repairs.

to save you all the loading time, I've uploaded them all to a photobucket album, engine/casting numbers aswell as the repair, the link is as follows: http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Truck%20Stuff/

Back History: My truck (a 1971 Chevy c20)was purchased brand new by the guy I bought it from. He says he had a short block put in, which kind of confirms why my 3 day search turned up only that the engine has Olds codes.

I apologize for any blurriness in my pics, my camera is like 2mps, and I'm really unable to find anything on the suffix on the engine, any help is very appreciated, thanks! - Branden
D-Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote