The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
streetmaster42

In need of emission system help for my 76 GMC

Im kinda dealing with a tuffy of a problem with the emission system on my 76 GMC. The problem is im not sure exactly what all i need to pass the peekaboo test in the County i live in here in PA. The county of Fayette, is one of 42 that dont require you to pass an emissions test. You just have to pass the visual anti-tampering check test, before they will slap that sticker on. I got My 1976 GMC Sierra back in 1998, came factory with an I6, and a 3 on the tree. I tore it all apart that year to do a ground up resto, because there was just to much rust to mention. I since then replaced the motor with a 350sbc, TH350, a painless wiring kit, did the frame, got a better bed that i just tore back apart due to rust, and im redoing the crappy job some schmuck done on my rockers and cab corners, I-NO LOL. Ive got the cat for the exhaust, im just not sure what emissions crapp they put on the 76 modles with 350sbc. (Oppinions please) sombody please
streetmaster42 is offline   Reply With Quote