The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
JVictor75
Maintenance Man

Question Tech advice needed for serpentine brackets and 700R4 install

The thread formerly known as

"Should I move this to the tech board?"

Hello (again)

Need advice on installation of 1989 Camaro style serpentine system onto a 71 small block equipped truck with A/C and power steering.

The serpentine system came with the reverse-flow water pump (new), the itty bitty A/C compressor (versus the ginormous one that was stock in the truck), the 1 wire alternator, the power steering pump, and all the various and sundry bolts, bracing brackets and studs needed for installation.

My question is, will I have any problems using the stock Camaro stuff (A/C compressor and PS pump) on the truck?

Will the power steering pump be strong enough for the truck, and how hard will it be to wire the compressor up so I can use it with the stock truck A/C system?

Also, I'm going to ask (again, sorry everybody, but I didn't get a definitive answer last time ) about lock-up wiring for a 700R4 going to the same truck.

Truck currently has a slightly warmed over 350 small block with an Edelbrock performer intake and carb, as well as HEI, power steering (see above), power brakes, and A/C. The truck was originally fitted with a TH350.

I know about moving the crossmember back to the last two holes for the TH400 position and drilling new ones for the back half, as well as the TV adjustment( I don't know how to DO it, but I know it needs to be done ), the likely probability that I'll need a new speedo cable, and the driveshaft shortening.

I'm specifically looking for answer on the questions regarding the serpentine components and the tranny lockup.

Thanks in advance, you guys rock (as always)

- James

Last edited by JVictor75; 11-16-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Title change
JVictor75 is offline   Reply With Quote