The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
Fraser Beatty

Build Thread...1979 GMC 1 Ton Camper Special

Rather than start a new thread everytime I have a question about my truck, I have decided to start a build thread to ask questions and give updates on my progress.

First, let me give a little introduction. I am a 17 year old high school student in my final year. I live just outside of Sarnia, Ontario. Sarnia is just across the St. Clair River from Port Huron, Michigan. I work during the summer at a local automotive shop doing oil changes, minor exhaust work, helping out with suspension, brakes, etc. This will be my first truck restoration, although I have worked on tractor and farm implement restorations before (I'm a farm kid). I am currently in the process of restoring a 1948 Minneapolis Moline tractor that has been in the family since new, and I have another tractor resto lined up, so this "new" truck means I have no shortage of projects

Now, let me tell you about my truck. It is a 1979 GMC 1 Ton Camper Special. It is a single-rear-wheel model with a 350, factory AC, and the Sierra Classic trim level. My plans for the truck are, first and foremost to get it roadworthy, fix anything that does not work, such as air conditioning, then give it a decent paint job. I am not planning on doing anything fancy to it, I just want it to look half decent and not break the bank in doing so, as I am saving up for university. Here are a couple of pics of the truck:
Attached Images

Fraser Beatty is offline   Reply With Quote