The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
P-stone

Hello from SoVA!

Hey guys, my name is Preston and I'm from Va Beach, VA. I recently acquired a 1972 C10 that is 2wd with the 5.7 and manual three speed. The man I bought the truck from was the original owner and very sad to see her go.

The motor and transmission are both original numbers matching, but have about 1.5k miles on a rebuild. The shifter has also been relocated from the column to the floor. The truck sat for over a year when I got it, so I had to replace the battery and pull the gas tank to drain and clean it, hence the missing interior in the picture. I've yet to crank it over as I still need to do a few maintenance odds and ends. Also, do you guys know what the stock differential gear ratios are?

Future plans for the truck are going to be somewhat in a truck rod theme. Lowered, tubbed, and possibly a stroked small block. I'm only 22 and have pretty much been into Honda's for the last few years. I'm now wanting to do something different, and since this truck practically fell into my lap, I'm taking it as a sign. I've always been a fan of truck rods and am very excited to see where this may go. I've still got my Integra as a DD, so this truck is going be a complete project. Without any certain deadline, there should be no excuse for shortcuts. I will get motor shots up tomorrow morning.

Both of my uncles were into older trucks and I helped wrench on them a little bit at when I was younger. One liked lifted while the other preferred lowered. I feel like I am somewhat getting back to my roots as well and would love to possibly wrench on it with the uncle that is still alive.

I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum

Thanks guys,
Preston

P.S. - I also know the grill is from an earlier year, can you help me with what year that might be?

The daily driver

Last edited by P-stone; 11-18-2007 at 07:26 PM.
P-stone is offline   Reply With Quote