The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
bent
The master of disaster

Maiden Voyage

Well guys now i do need an engine no doubt i took it out for a ride today just couldnt stand no being able to drive it. Atleast 1 time. I checked all the fluids and all that to make sure i was good, and after a quart of oil i was so i double checked the valve cover Bolts cause of what the PO had told me and made sure they was tight they wasnt. I fire it up grab my cable to give it a lil gas and she fires right up. I back out of the shop where I had just ppushed it to yesterday and pulled out the drive way onto the dirt road. taking it easy cause im unsure of how it will go.
I travel 3 miles to the main rod not topping 35mph and i allow the kind officer to pass by me befor i pull out in the oppisite direction. 1995 tags and inspection busted tailihgt lens not a good thing. Any how i give a slight tugg on the throttle cale to get up to 55 all seems to be going good think ill make a right and head toward the store. Still going good and im gettin more comfortable with the old gal. I travel a few miles further at 60 and hit a side road NO COPS. THis particular side road has a long straight away and some gental curves so i throttle up and i come to the first curve im runnin almost 60 now take her to the left and tugg not too harsh though on the cable as too come off the curve like im racing. when i looked at the gauge i was comming up on 70 just get straightened out and BOOM! clatter clatter clank clatter clank clanck major loss of power. Smoke everywhere. i look at the oil pressure gauge and nothing aint raedin. Well now im a lil sick and heart broken.

I get the truck home and i dont see no holes in the block and itll still fire and run just smokes really bad and knocks. So it looks like i will be forking over the money for an engine sooner than i thought. Itllbe a while befor i post anything new, but I just wanted share this with you guys and say thank you for all the kind words and help that you have given me over the last couple months.

Life is like a jar of japalino's what you do today will burn youre a$$ tomorrow!

Last edited by bent; 11-19-2007 at 01:22 AM.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote