The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
El Bombero

First time owner in NorCal

Well, I have had my Custom 20 since 05. In 04 I got done with a four year tour in the Navy as a Diesel engine/ Hydraulic systems mechanic (Aviation Support Equipment Technician) Basically I was a mechanic for all thoes vehicles you see driving around at the airport (tow tractors ect..) So in 05 I thought I would try keeping my mechanic skills sharp by buying an older vehicle. I would never imagine buyung anything but a chevy, so when I came across the C-20, I pulled the trigger. At first I was telling myself "I'm gonna have this thing like it rolled off the showroom floor, Original!" Maybe its the California in me, but that couldnt happen. So, with the help of my local shop, I put in a crate zz4 backed by a 700r4. I got the bed Line-x'ed, and one fateful day at work I came across a set of 8 lug 20"s that I just couldnt pass up. I have big plans for the old girl, and I dont know why it took me so long to find this site, but I am so glad that I did. I'm pretty sure you all are going to be hearing a lot of "rookie" type questions and things from me, so thanks in advance! I somehow thought that going from navy mechanic to "hot-rod" owner was going to be an easy transition, boy was i WRONG!!! One thing I do know, is that I dont know much, Im on a budget and doing one thing at a time, slow forward progress is still progress in my book! Glad to be here!

Here are some quick pics of my obsession!