The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
crosby

hood/radiator problems

hi guys, a few stupid questions for you. I swapped noses on my truck this weekend, and the new one just isn't lining up right. How do I align the hood properly? I got the door gaps okay for now, but the hood shifts over to one side gradually as you move towards the front. I did end up switching hood hinges (springs and arms) as the donor clip's were rusted stuck (and I bent my hood ARRGGGH!!). Maybe the hood hinges are a little crooked where they mount to the fenders? I am afraid the truck frame might be a little bent because it was run into a tree, which is why it had the crappy nose on it after the "restoration" from the previous owner. Also, my radiator support has no nuts in the top plate where the radiator bracket (top piece) bolts to, so the only thing I can think of is to weasel my way up from behind the grill with a nut and washer for each. I really can't swing a new radiator support now, but what do you think of the Goodmark product? The whole nose was relatively tough to get lined up even remotely close, and it's still not right. Hope the frame isn't tweaked, although I am afraid that may be the case. Goes down the road good anyway. Thanks for any input guys.
crosby is offline   Reply With Quote