The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
DOUBLE-DINGO

Double-Dingo (New Member)

Dropping a few lines to say that I have enjoyed this site for my short time here, thus far. I am in the process of restoring my 1965 3/4 ton.

My grandpa gave me this truck when I was 15. I rolled it in 2005 trying to avoid an accident. I became the accident. Anyhow, the heavy guage steel of the good old American made truck kept me safe. The lap belt helped, too. I bought another 3/4 ton '65 to replace mine. In the process of taking the engine & trans out of the one I bought I notice some frame damage. Had it repaired, and was getting ready to my front disc conversion. After removing the front-end I noticed the frame was in worse condition than I originally thought, and the frame on my grandpa's truck was really straight. So, I get to experience a body-off/ground-up restoration. Two years and many home projects later, I am finally back to the restoration project. What fun! Can you sense my sarcasm?

That's my story in a nutshell. Looking forward to gleaning information and sharing information with you all.

Have a great day and God Bless!!

SL
DOUBLE-DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote