The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I wanna be like see-ten (photos inside)

So I was burbin around town last weekend and the truck was all washed and dolled up... I thought I'd burn 1/4 tank of gas and go here and there... places I have wanted to take pics of for years... well, truck pics anyways.
These are almost all on the west side of columbus, with a couple out of town too thrown in for the heck of it.
If I had a better digi-cam, and a better subject... maybe I could contend with See-ten.
Fist thing is first... thanks Josh and everyone else who makes this place work!

Oh, and thanks Mr Gore for inventing the internet to give josh a place to create this board!

Mid west members my age and older will smile on thse two.... back in the 70's, Mail Pouch had an amazing advertising idea, they offered thousands of farmers a free paint job on one side of there barn... they have all faded and many barns have been plowed over or just fell over by now... but this is a small one that has been re-painted recently. Just a few months ago actually. I had hoped to get there before the repaint, but I guess this is good enough.
And yes, there is a dead something-or-another under the bumper... and no, I didn't kill it nor did I run over it when I pulled away.

Now, I head to a pond off of Rt 104.
Those are flood markers in the background... Had a couple the last few years. The Sioto River runs on the other side of those trees in the back ground of the first photo.

and the ugly side;

The security guard run me off after the 4th pic... total bummer. I had some more photo ideas in mind.
Now, off to the old part of town... which is now the crappy part of town, but has a LOT of very old buildings. it's called the bottoms now, which gives you an idea of how crummy it is.
I hear the Club Cafe (the sign over the door) was a cool place back in the day.

Now it's a place you don't wanna be after night fall.
And here I am parked in the parking lot of the first Wendys... recently closed down. This is in the down town Columbus area

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 11-24-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote