The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Rokcrln

New toy to play with 63 SWB GMC!

Just got back from a long day of towing. Started out doing 85 miles round trip to pick up a customers project then another 150 miles to get this. It is a 63 SWB GMC that I got from an instructor that I saw this week. It was his sons truck since he was 16 now 33 but due to some family things it had to go. I was asked if Inew anyone and it so happens that I did, ME Picked it up for $1500 and it is in very good shape with minimal rust in the door bottoms and kicks, nothing I havent done before. The full fate of this truck is not yet known but the plus side is my wife loves this body style and she already has a finished look for the truck. So being a smart man I guess I do know its fate

What is unknown as of now is exactly what suspension of Nates it will run but it will be low and fast. Thinking about a 6.0L that might get a few hair dryers added to it. Auto for sure with 20's and 22's.

Here is the wifes finished ideas and if is mine as well. Gee that worked out well. I towed it with my 1/2 ton porject Low Buck and it did great. I did 235 miles today and got 12.6MPG.

Thanks for looking,
Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote