The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2003, 12:28 AM   #1
HotRod929

My Tuck is making me so mad!!! Help ME

Ok heres the story. My truck would not start over break and it was wicked cold so after checking the usual i called AAA. Got it taken to the shop and after a new battery they said I had a vaccume leak on my carb so I got the carb I wanted...an Edelbrock 600cfm #1406...they installed it and when i got it back it ran ok...ideled a lot smoother and whatnot but i still felt like i had lost some power but didnt think much of it because i was just glad to have my truck back. drove it to school fine and then today absolutly had no power...almost didnt make it up a small hill...had it floored but no power...of the line it blows...i thought I would get better performance with the new carb...my friend says that it is ether running way to rich or the timing is off...do you guys have any idea what is wrong?...i just spent a lot of money for the new carb and what not i really would like to fix this...I have a 3000 mile warenty on the work from the shop so i could take it back but its a 2 hour drive away...i just need some ideas so that when i talk to the guy i have some ideas....thanks a lot guys...

HotRod
Dana 60 w/ 4.10 gears AND Powr-Loc POSI
New Additions:
Summit Headers
135amp alternator
Proform HEI
Edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb
Sunpro Tach
Powr-Loc POSI
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
MSD 6A Ignition Box

AIM: HotRod929