The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
rickf

Dammit - locked out, how do I get in ?

This is the second time this year that the driver's side door has locked itself when it got closed. You know, there is the button lock with the key, and there is the in-cab locking with the handle. Supposedly that handle lock only works when the door is already closed.

I can recall doing nothign unusual, just closed the door. No hard, not slammed, just normal closing the door. I go to open it and find it has the "inside handle" lock applied. The passenger side was already locked from the inside, so now I am locked out.

It happened this last summer once, but it was no big deal. It was warm, the truck was in the home driveway, the wing window was not locked so I just reached in and unlocked the handle. But not this time. It is cold, raining, all the windows are closed and latched, and it's in the office parking lot.

All the window weather stripping is long gone, it should be easy to reach down in alongside the window. But I don't know what I'm trying to reach or what to do with it when I reach it.

So I guess the question is, how do I break into my truck without breaking my truck?

Another question is, why does it do that? What needs fixing to make it stop doing that?

Last edited by rickf; 12-02-2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
rickf is offline   Reply With Quote