The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
55ChevyPU

Re: 58 GMC Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL 58 GMC View Post
I'm not useing a 700R4. I have a TCI 350 trans. Any progress on your truck lately?
I see, didnt you have a 700r4 but ended up buying that streetfighter or whatever? Are you sticking with your current shifter or have you thought about going with a ratchet shifter, I know have fun with mine. Also yes lots of progress on my truck I got all the leaks stopped. That shifter shaft seal was pretty annoying to change out but luckily I had a car lift to use. I also figured out why the truck ran so rough, I ended up having a vaccum leak between the carb and manifold, I guess that tends to happen when you forget to use rtv on the gasket. Now the truck runs really strong, there are quite a few tread marks around my block . Regarding the body I am going to go back and fix some of the low spots and dings I missed. Also im taking all of the crap reproduction parts: Door, and Fender off and using the original sheetmetal. I never intended on buying repro parts but was given those 2 things as presents. Sorry but reproduction is not the way to go it really is crap. I am going to end up repainting the whole truck in one shot, same color though. My truck was the first urethane paint my dad had shot so he shot it as if it was Lacquer which ended up turning out nice but not as nice as it could have. It needs more clear on it for the most part. Also painting candy which is transparent if you dont do it all at once you end up with different thickness no matter how good of a painter you are so it turns out a different shade if you look close enough. I guess these sort of things are what happens when you start building a truck at 18 and know nothing. Now that im a bit older and knowledgeable I already see so many of my failures haha. I will snap some pics of the chevy tonight.
55ChevyPU is offline   Reply With Quote