The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
ChevyC102007

Angry Why do people..............

Well just like the title says.......what posesses people to do the things they do? Ok lemme start from the beginning here.

Friday....took the truck to work so I could go down afterwards to get the engine that Im going to build to put back in Blue. Started out and my belt was slipping and it got worse the farther I went. Finally pulled over about 5 miles from work and low and friggin behold................another busted Altenator bracket bolt (well both this time). Ok as per normal I got miffed to the point of crying (This is number 4 well 5 if ya count the other one so you can guess at how upset I was). Anyways I got my cell and left the truck parked where it was overnight.

Saturday, I went to work as usual the plan ws to go and pickup the truck after work and nurse it back to the house................had a couple other errands to run as well so I did those, not thinking anything was amiss at the time. Well the parts stores were closed so I figured Id just jury rig the altenator so it will still do a half assed charge on the battery so I could get home. Anyways we got there, and as soon as I popped the hood I knew something wasnt right............................I couldnt find my alternator nor the bracket.........................ok maybe when I got pissed off the night before I threw it on the ground under the truck.....nope. I notice a gapping hole off to the right of the truck where my battery was supposed to be.............long story short..........................SOME &%&%*^(*& IDIOT STOLE THE BATTERY AND ALTENATOR W/ BRACKET...........WTF!?!?!?!

Now can someone please explain to me why on the face of Gods green earth someone would be sneaky and underhanded enough to do that to anyone? The battery I can sorta understand.............but to steal an alternator and bracket (and ripped aka tore or clipped of the battery/ground leads) that will most likely ONLY fit a 67-72 Chevy pickup................now thats just plan asinine IMHO.

So after the 340$ tow bill, whatever its gonna run for another battery, repairing the wiring and a nw altenator and bracket (Friend of mine says he has a jimmy that may interchange but Im not sure Ill have to check) Ill have it back to running again...............BUT on the bright side.......they didnt bother the close to 300 dollars worth of tools in the truck nor did they swipe the radio or anyother items that may have been worth something.

Oh well......just thought maybe someone on here may have had a similar experience.

2001 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 4x4. (old ride)
1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic ("new" ride)
ChevyC102007 is offline   Reply With Quote