The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

72 Cheyenne WIW?

We went and looked at this pickup earlier today. It's a one owner (well one family with two owners) 90K mile truck. She was about as unmolested as they come. The truck even had the smog pump with the belt still on it. The camper shell has been on it since it was new so the inside of the bed was cherry. The tailgate was about as perfect as I've seen on one of these trucks in quite some time. The owner was including an ECE 4/6 drop (the front was already installed) It still needs the rear done as well as a front end alignment. The owner also still has the orginal hubcaps that will go with it. The only real rust issues I could find were the cab corners and the doors. It had very minor rust behind the front wheels and of course under the battery. Oh did I mention it's a factory big block and factory A/C truck. Everything but the belt is there for the A/C. The owner said that the compressor was rattling so he cut off the belt. Once the truck warms up it purrs like a kitten. Also when the drop was put on the front all the balljoints and tie rods were replaced. The truck also has new exhaust and a fresh battery and a tune up. I would probably have driven it home tonight if it wasn't for the alignment issue. At anything over 35 MPH I couldn't hold it in the road if their was a bump or a dip. Do you think we could get a tape measure and try to set the toe close enough to drive it or am I pretty much looking at finding a trailer or a dolly? Again, how cheap would it have to be for you to haul it home?

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote