The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
Rokcrln

New seats! An all day project!!

Well I started the day off ready to work on a customers Trazer. I was going to add two more seat mounting holes to the pass side rear for a bench seat. But it turns out that blazers (atleast this one) are not set up for bench seats at all or not ones out a truck. Every bolt hole was off so I went on to plan "B"

I have a set of 92 60/40 split bench seats for Low Buck trying to get a bit more leg room. I wanted to pull the stock bench seat and make a frame that would bolt into my trucks floor using all 8 stock bench mounting holes. The make the new seats bolt to that because I have already put Dyna matt in my truck and have decent carpet so I did not want to mess with any of that. I have part of a truck cab bolted to a "Tip and Flip" dolly that I used for building my frame that I then used to mark out the blazer. I just might have to keep this piece of cab around for this kind of work it sure made things easy for once.

Ok so here is a basic run down of what I did. First I set the seats in the cab and figured out what size I wanted the frame to be. Then I pulled my hydro bender out of hibernation (forgot how fun this thing can be) and wipped out a frame. I then made mounting plates out of 2" x 1/8" plate that bolted to the stock mounting locations. I set the frame were I wanted it and set it on blocks to clear the tranny hump (and carpet).

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote