The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
JVictor75
Maintenance Man

Cool What did YOU do this weekend?

Well, for one I forgot that I had my digi cam in the console of my "other" truck ('03 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC). Someday I will remember that I actually own a digital camera and start taking pictures when I go places.

DAMN YOU SEE TEN!

Anyway, I went to see "I Am Legend" on Friday night (amazingly good flick, BTW).

On Saturday I decided that it was time to go ahead with the suspension rebuild on the '71.

So I rebuilt the front suspension (upper/lower ball joints, inner/outer tie rods and adjusting sleeves, etc etc etc), installed the anti sway bar from the other truck (speaking of which, I have a question to ask, later), installed new (stock) coil springs, a new panhard rod (the old one was a welded up piece of 3/8" rebar :O), new shocks, new brake hard lines and rubber lines (springs, shocks, and lines at all four corners).

That was Saturday from about 0900-1800 (the auto hobby shop out at Luke Air Force Base kicked me out then, lol). Then I got cleaned up and went to a Christmas party. I ended up being DD for my buddy and ended up driving his new go-kart (2007 Honda S2000, awesome little car. But when I say "little", I mean it!) for the rest of the night.

On Sunday I got up and drove out to Luke AFB again (35 miles one way to work on the truck) and bled the brakes, tightened the brake line fittings again, and RE-bled the brakes.

Looked under the dash as the steering column "wiggles" a little bit when turning the truck and was promptly horrified at the previous owners wiring "expertise". Hot wires leading to mysterious switches, gauge leads going to under dash gauges that are no longer in place, etc. Really Really awesome stuff.

***Then I discovered that on Saturday I had broken one of the original style frame mounts for the Anti Sway bar. Which I can not find ANYWHERE online!***

Now I'm cleaning the apartment before my roommate comes home (she wouldn't understand or appreciate all of the Brothers and LMC boxes sitting in the living room right now. Not one bit!).

Had to wash the work coveralls twice, and THEN I had to clean the inside of the washing machine to remove the fine coating of various chemicals and grime that one gets embedded in their clothing after working on an old truck.

So, how did you spend YOUR weekend?

*** Does anybody know where I could find the bracket that I'm talking about?

Last edited by JVictor75; 12-18-2007 at 08:22 PM.
JVictor75 is offline   Reply With Quote