The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
69C10@16

Im In BIG Trouble, And Now I Need Depression Meds

For those that dont know me, here is what you need to know to get the true desperation of this thread.

Im 16
Applying for every open job I can find
$400 in my bank account

Now the story.
I went out to the ag shop today with high hopes. The plan was to take the tires off, set them out about 2 inches, and use jacks to lower the truck and see how far i wanted to drop it. Everything involved in that went well. However, as I took the rear tires off, I found that the trailing arms have rusted to the point that they have bent, cracked, broken, cut under the new rear springs. The rear most part of the trailing arms are sitting on the helper springs, permanent like. It was an absolutely sickening discovery because as stated above, the money is not anywhere in sight for a new set. With insurance due in February, a used set isn't even in budget. Everytime I get in my truck I feel like it could be the last time because it could be a one way trip to death. It is most definately not safe. But I have to go to school. I tried asking around for rides so I could park it until I could fix it but noone could.

So yeah. I was so depressed by the time I got home I had to post it up.

This isn't a want to buy ad. I realize I'm not allowed to post them.
It is, in a way, a "Anybody-got-the-parts-to-help-a-brother-out" ad.

If anyone can help me out, please let me know.

And if your the type, keep me in your prayers. my guardian angels are going to be working very hard every time my truck starts.

Sadly,
Newton

*Edit: I added the drawing below. It's not perfect but for the visual people like me it might help.
Attached Images

Last edited by 69C10@16; 12-20-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added Drawing