The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Pop Sound in my Truck

This is a true story.I`ve seen a couple "Pop Noise" threads and just remembered my experience.
I was driving my son in the Highlander when I heard more of a "bang" noise from the right side.I`ve had things fall off the motor,lost parts of a spring leaf,belts break and slap the hood,etc.So,I was concerned and kept driving watching all my gauges.I`m thinking to myself,"What now?"Everything seemed fine and we got to where he was going ok.I checked under the hood and didn`t see anything wrong and drove home.I checked things out better and looked over my suspension and still saw nothing.I think I`d rather have found something obvious because I definately heard a loud noise.My son was unconcerned,of course.I picked him up in the same truck and everything went fine.It was a few days later while driving this truck that I heard it again."Man.what is that?"It sounded so bad it made me want to park the truck until I could figure it out.A sound like that can`t be good and bothers the heck out of me not knowing.I`ve prolly been through whatever can happen to one of these truck in over 35 years and this had me stumped.
I looked it over again,when I got home and just couldn`t find anything that could cause this "bang".
For some reason I opened the passenger door and realized I had found the problem.I don`t know why it never fell out and I never heard it rolling around before.But,it was an empty bottle of "pop" that my son must have left on the floor.
So that`s my story about a "pop" sound in my truck.I hope this can help others in the future.Always glad to help.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-22-2007 at 01:51 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote