The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
cartman

New here, need some help on crew cab project

I am looking to build a 73-87 crew cab, 2wd, 1/2 ton, short bed. I know some of you have talked about it, and mabey some have done it? I know it will take probably a couple trucks to get it done, my question is what do I start with? as far as a chassis? put a crew cab body on a 1/2 ton frame and legthen it or shorten a crew cab frame and change suspensions? suburban frame? any help from some one who has done it would be great. Some pictures would be good also. I may already have access to a good crew cab (body only) left over from someone elses project that never happened. He was going to swap cabs, ( one crew cab to another ) but found out that the truck he was going to swap it onto was too far gone, so he junked it. I want to use the 73-79 nose on my truck, with full trim and 2 tone paint, lowered etc. You get the picture. will I have to use a pre 1981 frame to hang the 73-80 nose on? sounds strange I know most are going the other way, But I love the round head lights and trim. I miss my 73 c10 but I need more doors now to fit the little ones. I think it would be a fun family cruiser/daily driver. Any help in choosing doner trucks would be a great help. Thanks

Last edited by cartman; 12-28-2007 at 05:45 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote