The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Chevyman680063

Truck keeps trying to stall

My truck has been trying to stall about 4 or 5 times the last couple of days. I think it has something to do with the fuel system but I'm not entirely sure. It feels like the truck cuts off for a split second but turns right back on just as fast. I checked it the other day and found that one of the hose clamps on the fuel line had come lose and thought that would fix it but tonight when I was driving home from work it tried to stall twice and finally stalled when I stopped at a stop sign. I was able to get it to crank back up after pressing the gas pedal a few times and was able to make it home without it doing it again thankfully. I could not see any other gas leaks though. I've been wondering if it's the fuel pump but don't know how to tell if it's the fuel pump. I was wondering what you guys think it could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Chevyman680063 is offline   Reply With Quote