The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
rancidbones

1959 GMC ShortBed

I'm new to the boards and have to say this site is fantastic.

I just picked up a 59 GMC ShortBed Small Back Window for $800. It is Missing the bed and has the normal rusted out places. This will be my first ever frame off restoration...and first restoration period. I've painted a lot of cars and motorcycles so I have that part behind me and thats it.

This weekend and next week I will start taking it down to the frame. I have one question. What changes / improvements to the truck can I do to get the best return on my investment? I will do all the patching / body work / paint / airbrushing my self. I plan on replacing the engine / trans / rear / no matter what.

I ask because I just wanted to know that if I added say a IRS - Corvette rear and IFS - Corvette front end would I just be wasting the money or would it add value to the truck? Stuff like that you know what I mean? I need to find this kinda stuff out because...my Finance Department (Wife) is asking me these questions lol.

I can do what I want to an extent but I just need to justify it. I promise pics will follow and I will inlcude the wish list of things I will be doing here shortly.

Thanks in advance for the responses and I'm proud to a part of the 1950's truck club now!
rancidbones is offline   Reply With Quote