The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
spudz

I knew better....GRRRRRRRR.....

So I picked up that 84 SWB a couple weeks ago with a tore up transmission.. I picked up a used one, installed new front and rear seals, filter and gasket and degreased.. Installed it today.. Shifted fine for about the first 8 upshifts. Then all of a sudden wont upshift from 1st to 2nd without winding the motor out then wont upshift to 3rd or 4th.. Tv cable adjusted right, etc.. SO I am back to where I started and a couple hundred bux thrown away. I can rebuild these damn things myself and I opted not to build the original one because I don't really have the damn time. But I knew better then to use junk yard crap.......... Sorry guys just wanted to let off some steam... After it quits raining I am gonna pull the governor out and check it and if I don't find anyting wrong with it I am gonna pull the valve body and check it out... Then I'll yank it back out.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote