The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
johnnywagon
Sofa King. We, Todd, Ed.

Funny Ford 4x4? Story

OK. I had to share this. A co-worker of mine just told me this story. His brother just bought a brand new Ford F-350 4x4 with all the bells & whistles. He paid around $50,000 for it.
On its maiden voyage he took it up in the mountains to go skiing. Along the way he pulled off in the deep snow to help a stuck motorist. Then as he tried to leave the truck wouldn't get out the snow in two wheel drive so he engaged the 4wd. Im guessing it must have been a button or something simple on a new rig like that. But still it was stuck.
After checking things he noticed that the front tires weren't pulling, he couldn't get the 4wd to engage. So he climed underneath to inspect it and low and behold....no front axle, no transfer case! His brand new truck was a two wheel drive with full 4wd badging and interior controls!
The California Ford dealership did take care of him with towing and a new rig but still a funny tale.
johnnywagon is offline   Reply With Quote